Monday, November 9, 2009

News From Turkey!


First, let me start by saying that the new K4K website has finally launched with a new look, upgraded features for people to know what’s happening in my life, and updates for upcoming K4K news and events. I hope you all love the new website as much as I do! Email me at ketia4kidz@yahoo.com for feedback……

Since winning the WNBA championship, I’ve been in Turkey. It’s been almost three weeks now, but I’m learning my way around. I play for a club out of Tarsus, Turkey with Americans Roneeka Hodges (Minnesota Lynx) and Chante Black (Connecticut Sun). The weather here is amazing. If I closed my eyes outside I almost thought I was back in Phoenix. ALMOST.  I live in a building with all of my teammates except for one. A dorm would be the best comparison of our living conditions except each room has their own bathrooms and living areas. In some ways it’s cool, because we all can hang out and learn more about each other.

As for the team, we are 2-1 recording our last win on Friday. After losing our first game, we’ve gotten things back on track with 2 good wins. It’s different from the WNBA, but I’m working hard to get better for next season. We have this weekend off and go back to work Monday afternoon. My roommate Chante and I have just been hanging out enjoying this time to ourselves. We play Mersin next Saturday against one of my former college and professional teammates, Barbara Turner. It will be the first time ever we will be enemies on the court. Stay tuned next week for the results and how life in Turkey is going…

You can keep up more with me on Facebook (Ketia Swanier) and Twitter (@MarieGAPeach11)!

Until next week… K4K

No comments:

Post a Comment